Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Lay it All on Me" Jesus

Stress is all around us. Life seems to be stress in a nutshell. I used to respond to that stress with sleepless nights, reasoning to figure it all out, worry that things wouldn't turn out as I hoped. Yada yada yada. I've been feeling that stressful feeling the last week or so. Many things are happening that are beyond my control. People I love get sick. People I love act in unkind and unpleasant ways that I wish I could change. Some people in my work place have no business working with children at all, they treat kids in such unproductive ways. All the little irritants mount up and the stress level rises. When the stress level is raised, the irritants don't have to be much to irritate even more. Even though my personality traits have not changed I have learned to deal with my stress in healthier ways than I once did. Joyce Meyer has a saying to which I can put my amen. She says, "I'm not where I want to be but thank God, I'm not where I used to be". Jesus tells me to lay my burden on Him for He will care for me. Ah, yes, those are freeing words, are they not? So this morning, Jesus, I lay before you my burden for my daughter who isn't feeling well. Give us contentment and faith while we wait for test results. Heal and strengthen my friend that struggles phsyically presently. Bless one of those whom I love who has such a difficult time with relationships. Bring that one help this day. Be with that staff person that seems to find joy in looking for things which can get students in trouble. Meet his need of salvation. Bless with comfort the Perzee family that needs relief in their tremendous grief. Lord, I refuse to try to reason all these situations out to line up with my will. I just want your will for each of the people for whom I am concerned. Then your name will be lifted high above the earth. Father God, lighten my load this day in the name of your Son, Jesus.

No comments: