Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No Turning Back

The invitations are made. The family reunion effort is off the drawing boards and into actiion. I spoke with one of my cousins yesterday. The clouded relationship I perceived is reality. There are still struggles in one family after all these years. My heart hurts when I hear of siblings that don't get along. After speaking with her, I had twinges of regret. Have I opened a rat's nest? I am not used to family upset. As I said earlier, my father's side of the family has always been a haven of love and acceptance. Not each one saw eye to eye with the other but it didn't come between a relationship. In my family of husband and children, we work hard at not holding grudges. It takes repentance and forgiveness for any relationship to succeed. If these two elements aren't practiced, true relationship cannot exist.

Regardless of the outcome, I have already begun the journey. I am going to trust the Lord will bring connection and renewal to family relationships through a time of togetherness.

In a half hour, Lauri and her four children and Isaiah and I will leave on a coach bus for a day in Chicago. Our church is sponsoring a trip to Navy Pier and Lincoln Park Zoo. One last outing for the kids before school begins again. I'm looking forward to this trip into the city in which I don't have to drive and buck the traffic. Chicago is a great place to visit but I'll take De Motte any day for a place to live. My daughter, Jennifer, wouldn't agree with me on that point.

I don't know if my readers have noticed but the scripture verse of the day is automatic now. Bible Gateway puts the verse of the day in and also gives opportunity to listen to the entire chapter that the verse comes from. Just click on the little sound icon and listen to God's Word. Let it refresh you. I loved finding verses to illustrate the point of the day's blog but decided this was a better way to feed me and the reader also. Another new feature is the NeoEarth that shows where my readers are from. I find that so very interesting. The internet is an amazing tool that I enjoy using very much.

No comments: