Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year Has Dawned

Happy New Year. Another year has dawned, one we have not seen or experienced before. Not unlike any other day...but yet a new yeear. I don't think time means much to God. Oh yea, He created it to maintain the order of things but to Him a day is like a thousand. I wonder what His schedule looks like in relationship to His second coming. I know we aren't supposed to be privy to that information but we sure can wonder. I'll bet God is honored when we wonder about Him. God has told us to be vigilant about watching for His return and to long for it. I don't think I'm doing that real good. Oh yes, when life is nasty it is easy to long for Him to get us out of this mess. Not so much when we are on a ten day trip to tropical Florida. Intellectually, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that heaven is going to make Florida look like hell. Heaven will be free from sin and the effects thereof. Here in sunny Florida I see effects of sin all around me just like in any other place on earth. The Christmas cactus setting on the table next to me is wilting from the effects of the hot sun. A cigarette butt lay in the ash tray. My sister is caring for her disabled husband as we speak. No, it's not a pretty place down here on the twisted earth. Yet we cling to it. At least I do and I don't think you are much different. The reason for that is that God created us to LIVE. We love life and we suffer through the muck clinging to the good things that are in place because of His grace. I couldn't count my blessings if I tried....it would be a futile effort. The very breath I breathe is my greatest earthly gift....I've had a time or two that I couldn't breath..... I learned that even the air we breath is evidence of God's grace and gifts to us. I begin this day and this year with a heart full of gratitude to my heavenly Father who so cares for me that not a hair falls from my head without His awareness of it. Thank you Lord for life.......for a new year......for health........famjily.....friends.....and all the beauty of your creation. I'll trust you for 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.