Friday, January 25, 2008

Off to Sedona

We are preparing to go on this weekend retreat with the ladies of Sherri's church. The suitcases are packed and all is ready. Well, almost all. Aidan Jay needs to go to the dentist first. He has had this appointment for awhile but just today the tooth started to hurt. He is in pain, the poor little guy. The boy that never stops smiling is not smiling at he moment. Mama and son have just left the driveway for the trip to the dentist. When they return, the ladies of this house are off and runnin.

Ken and Don are golfing this afternoon. Ken has grown to love the game and is delighted to have the opportunity to spend some time in the sun swinging at that white ball. The weather is beautiful today and is supposed to be around seventy tomorrow. I hate leaving the valley. We know the temperatures will be cold up north in Sedona.

Emerson has passed all her required tests in order to be released to go home with her new mommy and daddy. The plan is for Craig and Kendra to get her tomorrow morning. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a bit anxious as well as excited to get her home. I have a feeling they will be sleeping with one eye open a piece tomorrow night.

This is my last day in the sun. We will come back here on Sunday but we will leave early on Monday morning so I sat for awhile in a lawn chair just soaking in those rays. They were very warm and comforting. Now if I have canned enough of it to last until spring returns in the north.

Don's Auntie Carol just came. I just love her. She is so full of love and joy. We should have a good couple of days together. She has some roots in my home town so it seems we can share on a deeper level than is possible with most folks one rarely sees. She came in bearing gifts of the baked nature. She said the bags of goodies were for the guys we are leaving behind but that she had ours in her car. What a sweetie. Makes me wonder what I've been doing all day.

No comments: