Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Today's Happenings

Emerson is a day and a half old now. This morning, Kendra was upset because the baby stopped breathing a couple of times during the night. That would make any new mama a wreck and also a grandma. I talked to her this afternoon and Emerson has had a fairly good day. Kendra will be released from the hospital tomorrow morning. Then she will spend her time going to and from the hospital. Not a nice way to go home from having a baby. My heart bleeds for both Kendra and Craig. Sometimes even the things we consider normal in life,,,,,aren't always normal.

Craig has been faithful in sending pictures so I posted a couple. The header somewhat elongated the actual picture but you get the picture. (no pun intended:)

Ken and I went to Mexico today to go to the dentist. What an experience. I was totally overwhelmed with the scene there. Every building is either a dentist's or optician's. The line of people waiting to reenter the states spoke of the amount of business they do. We stood with a couple and visited while we waited the 45 minutes to get through customs. She had had her top teeth done last year and had her bottom teeth done today. They do mostly crowns and bridges. Her mouth looked beautiful. They can make Ken's mouth virtually new but there is a price to pay. We need to think this over thoroughly first. The price is nothing like what it would cost stateside but then we would never consider doing something to every tooth in his mouth here.

I have no reason to be tired, but I am worn out thinking about baby Emerson and her parents, Ken's mouth and Isaiah's science project which is failing at home because his grandmother isn't there to help him grow his pansies. He didn't read the instructions on the bottle of plant food and gave them straight fertilizer instead of diluting it with water. Ugh. My first response is to say you guys are on your own. That response was out of frustration. I thought I had been successful in giving instruction but I guess not. Sooooo.....they will call the man that donated the plants and ask if they can buy a new batch....
l
Soooooo my insides are a bit unraffled. Lord, call me down and resolve all the issues I'm concerned about.

No comments: