Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Morning

Happy Ressurection Day!

Kendra called yesterday to say that on their travels to Mo. they went through an area south of St. Louis where the flooding was impressive. They saw a semi truck and trailer nearly covered with water and a stop and go light with water up to the lights on the pole. That is a lot of water. Traffic stopped to a crawl while people were snapping pictures to capture the memory. While the experience is interesting to the observer it is destructive for the people that live there. We will be going through there today and I hope to record my own experience for memory sake.



I did a lot of preparation for leaving yesterday. I wish I could say that everything is pristine but I did make progress. I tell myself that if I didn't have four adults and a twelve year old to follow around and clean up after, I'd have things just the way I want it. I expressed that to Lauri today while we chatted on the phone. She reminded me that I'm the kind of person that wants to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself so my chance of having a pristine environment is iffy. Part of the problem here is that there is so much STUFF. The two adult girls have tons of stuff to add to the mix and Isaiah isn't far behind. Their junk mixed with ours makes for a lot of things to keep straight. I do my best.



I need to be at church at eight this morning for praise team practice. Church is at ten so we have at least an hour to get the kinks out. We practiced from seven to ten on Tuesday night. I wonder how many people realize the extent of preparation there is for a Sunday service these days. Fortunately, my team is only responsible one Sunday a month. There are twelve people on my team. Take that number times four hours and that is a whole lot of time spent. One shouldn't be counting though when it is service for the Lord. Forgive me.

The battle is o'er, the victory won...Jesus broke the bars of death and hell and our debt is paid. Hallelujah!

No comments: