Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hand and Foot

The picture in the header is quite the accomplishment for me. I'm not the greatest photographer in the world, though I would like to hone my skills. As I sat in the living room of Jerry's home this week, I was intriqued with a kaleidoscope that was lying on the coffee table. Actually, it was pretty hard to find as it was hidden by the latest magazines. I looked through it and was enjoying the beautiful scenes it was creating. I scanned it past Emerson and got an idea. I wonder.......and I spoke the question to Jerry who was also sitting in the living room. "Do you suppose my camera would take a picture through the little hole in this thing?" He shrugged his shoulders like I was a bit nuts but then he hopped on board moving her car seat into the light by the big windows while I ran to get my camera. What appeared on the camera screen amazed me. Once I realized I could actually do this...the sky was the limit. We have goofy pictures of everything we could think of. Kendra got into the fun as she took the camera outside to take pictures of the dog and other random things. Both Jerry and I now have a five by seven picture of a kaleided Emerson.

Yesterday afternoon, Ken and I visited a 45 year old woman from our church who is in the hospital recovering from open heart surgery. Pretty scary stuff. She had a heart attack last Monday night, had a angiogram on Tuesday and was from there rushed into surgery. Deb and her husband have two young boys ages 7 and 3 so Deb has many years ahead of her that require her to be active and productive. She got out of intensive care on Friday and is due home on Monday or Tuesday. She is progressing well but was still on oxygen yesterday. She and her family need our prayers.

While coming home we decided to go to see Lauri's and Elton's family whom we hadn't seen for a week. We don't see some of our other kid's families for months because of distance but this one is close by and it is common for us to see them often. When we arrived we got hugs and gave hugs all around the four kids then settled in for a cup of java with Lauri and Elt. It wasn't long before Lauri was talking a dinner out. Elton wasn't so sure. When she proposed leaving the kids home and the four of us going to KFC, the proposal passed and off we went.

After our appetites were satisfied we came here to enjoy a glass of wine together. That developed into a card game of hand and foot. We should all be healthy as fish this morning after laughing so hard. Lauri and Ken continued to take chances on picking up the pile (if you've never played, you won't understand this). Elton was the tortoise as he avoided the pile and just kept playing. Me? I could do nothing last night. They all uproared in laughter when each of them had a thousand points plus and I had three hundred. They did comment that if we were playing Scrabbble the situation would be reversed. Ken said that was why we weren't playing Scrabble. Ken eventually won. I'll get them yet.

No comments: