Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Weekend in GR

The weather is awarding us with a bit of freedom.....it is mild and sunny....the delight of spring. We are north of Grand Rapids where one would expect cold weather this time of year but we hit it right.
My cousin was reared in Africa, a son of missionary parents. Then as a young adult, he joined the Navy and traveled the world. After he retired, he and his wife settled in Grand Rapids. These facts explain why we haven't spent much of life together. Here we are getting better acquainted and preserving family history in the form of a book written by our grandfather. Nancy and I set ourselves up in their office, each with a computer, side by side and worked through the contents of the book, one sentence at a time. At this point it is obvious, we will not get through the whole book but it is comforting that Nan knows Microsoft Word very well and can explain matters to me that I was not even aware of. We have made progress even though we are on page sixty and there are over two hundred fifty pages.

Last evening, Paul's mum, my aunt, along with other sons and several grandchildren came for game night. We had two round tables of games going and there was much laughter and hilarity going on. Ken and I played a game called Quiddler or Quiddley, I must get that right so I can buy the game. It is a word game that I found very challenging and entertaining at the same time.

Now to church we go......

No comments: