Friday, May 2, 2008

God is Awesome

After bringing Isaiah to school this morning, I dropped by Lauri's house for a bit of mother/daughter time. We scoped out Regis and Kelley and Oprah. Oprah was interviewing Tom Cruise. My heart bled to hear both of them talk like aliens in a foreign land going through life with no truthful clarity.. Tom is into Scientology for his "religion" and Oprah has her own religion, whatever that may be. The closing scene was both of them riding on a snowmobile and at the end of the trail was a most gorgeous mountain scene. It was a scene that brings people to the end of themselves. "Oh my god!" was Oprah's response. Yes, Oprah, it is god you are seeing but not the god you imagine him to be.....HE is the God of the universe, the one that created what you saw and sustains what you saw. What I saw reminded me of last summer when my brother and his wife and my husband and I came to the crest of the mountain which was tundra. There was nothing for us to do but to pull off into a scenic view parking and take out our Bibles. I don't recall what Psalm we read but it was a Psalm of praise for His awesome and phenomenal creation. It was a very moving and touching moment...in our relationship with God, with creation and with each other.

Thank you, Lord, for your truth. I pray that your spirit of truth will invade people like Oprah and Tom, whose souls are in peril but whom would be a forceful mouth piece for You.

Lauri left to do some volunteer duty at school and I stopped at a friend. I had felt somewhat at loose ends not knowing what to do with myself today. While with my friend, the phone rang and troublesome news was received. The response was, "You were supposed to be here at this time." Isn't God's timing awesome? I couldn't do much to alleviate the trouble but I could listen and encourage. I also committed to praying for this friend...actually, I've been doing that for awhile now as I know stress is at an all time high there already. Dear God, send your grace and favor into their lives; bring relief and resolve.

No comments: