Friday, May 9, 2008

On a Journey

I continue to learn how to do more on the blogger thing. I spent many thoughts over how to get a post off on which I had made a spelling error. Finally, this morning I figured it out. I also learned this morning that the little envelope under each post can be clicked and the post easily sent to an e-mail address. Some of my friends don't have internet but use a different message system. They can't get my blogs so now I have an easy way to send them. It never ceases to amaze me how many options can be right in front of my nose but I haven't noticed them yet. These computer programs are amazing.

Today, Ken and I and a friend will drive to downtown Chicago to our daughter's condo to pick up some furniture. This condo has been on the market for a fair amount of time and is finally sold. That means it has to be emptied. I've admired Jennifer's furniture for some time and told her if she ever got rid of it I would like to buy it for our family room. I finally got the call that we can get it. But how? That was our big dilemna. We have a Durango which can hold a bit of things but a large sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman? I don't think so. My dad has a pickup but even that isn't large enough. We thought we would have to use two pickups. When we contacted friends to ask to borrow one, they told us they have a trailer large enough to haul the whole enchilada. Now we will only buy fuel for one vehicle instead of two. Eureka....thanks to our friends.

At our last Bible study of the year, one of the gals who is home on furlough from missions said, don't pray for patience........you will be tested.....pray for joy. We all chuckled about that.....but...today....I need prayers for joy. I know getting all this large furniture out of Jennifer's condo will not be a small trick.....she will be uptight about getting it out without damage to the condo......once that is accomplished there is the bigger effort of trying to get the stuff down our stairs, around the corner, and into the family room. Ken and I don't always see eye to eye on how things should work so it could be an interesting day. Please pray that I will have joy today. :)

No comments: