Monday, June 23, 2008

Attention Turns to Peggy Sue Once Again

I think most of the open house graduation parties are over. We had a dozen invitations this year. I feel poor at this point. Last evening I attended the graduation dinner of my Columbian student. It was held at Strongbow Inn in Valparaiso, very famous for their turkey dinners. Many years ago when I was young, the place was a very small restaurant with turkey pens next to it. They raised their specialty right on the grounds. They themselves have graduated. No more turkeys on the premises and a gorgeous facility. The meal was fantastic and the fellowship was absolutely delightful. I don't recall a time in recent memory when the conversation around a table of strangers was more delightful. We left friends with the promise that we will get together for coffee in the near future. How weird is that?

My husband is busy working on Peggy Sue again today. She needed a second coat of interior paint. She is looking so clean and fresh. The church bulletin announced a church campout the first three days of August. I just wonder if that prompted his painting hand to get going. I'm saying nothing....if it is ready, we will go, if it is not ready, we will stay home. As easy as that. At this point the joy is in the restoration.

Kendra left yesterday with Emerson and Isaiah in tow. Isaiah should be at his first basketball clinic with his Uncle Craig as I write this. I wonder how he is doing. Isaiah and Kendra are like brother and sister. They enjoy each other so much and have such fun mocking and teasing each other. I'm sure it will be a crazy week at the Chatham's.

I am left with a house badly in need of attention. I'm already at it but thought I'd take a moment out to say good morning to you'al. Have a wonderful day....relish the sun and dry air. Tis wonderful.

No comments: