Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Peggy Sue Progress

For all my complaining about the weather for the last weeks, I must send praise to God for two beautiful summer days where one can walk outdoors and truly enjoy the warmth of the sun without the dense humidity.

Yesterday, Ken and I worked on Peggy Sue much of the day. We made great strides. Ken got the subflooring in and now will work on getting in a layer of thin plywood to use as a base for our lineoleum squares. I stopped at a carpet store this morning and asked if they had any black white block lineoleum. They showed me what they had but it was 12 inch squares and would be totally unworkable for our little space. The salesman showed me a couple of other options but they weren't retro enough to suit me so I got brave and told him what I bought. Lineoleum squares. Well, he said, we don't carry that here but I used to remodel houses a lot and have used them often. He proceeded to tell me exactly how to install them for success. I was very grateful and have new faith in my darling black/white squares. Our new challenge is the door to the back of the refrigerator has a lock on it and obviously, we don't have the key. Ken tried everything we have and nothing turns it. It's our next mountain to climb. That needs to be resolved before we proceed with the layer of plywood. We must try that fridge out to make sure it works before boxing it in with another layer of wood. On and on this "little" project goes. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now and am getting excited about our nineteen foot home. It's becoming less someone else's and more mine.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but just in case - do you have the number of the previous owner's still? maybe they have an annoying key hanging around and they can't figure out what it goes to... it's worth a call and a stamp to send it. KJ