Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

I got to thinking about cultural ways to look at things and then thought about how God calls us to look at things from his perspective. The two collide miserably. As I look back over my life I am ashamed of the many times I chose to take the word of a human over the word of God. I don't recall how old I was by the time I could see such distinction. I really think I was pretty old before I could see the clear line of demarcation. Actually, I now see the line and it is pretty bold but I still move over into the side that is red and I see Jesus standing on that line waving a flag of warning for all He is worth(which is everything) . Most often I move over into the red zone as I will call it when it comes to relationships that are difficult and that causes disruption in my love network. It isn't that I do terrible things, but I sure can think terrible things. There is a battle that goes on in me. Is there one in you?

Never so clearly as in a presidential campaign do we see that there are two extremely different world life views in our nation. It appears to me that the lines have been clearly drawn. There are those that don't see things from God's perspective and try to shove all that stuff down the throats of us and many that are vulnerable. It seems some politicians have all the answers and leave no room for the hand of God. If I had my way, I would make political decisions that lined up with God's word and then trust HIM to work out all the details. I guess that is a little too immature for the majority. In our individual lives, can we predict the future or have answers for things we don't yet know exist? Is our knowledge of the future of our nation any different?

God's word tells us that He is in charge of the nations....that kings and rulers bend their knee to Him. The only problem is that most kings and rulers don't recognize that truth.

God have mercy on us.

No comments: