Monday, September 22, 2008

What a Ride

What a wild ride the last week has been. The phone rang looking for a sub this morning and I squealed, "Do not answer that!". I had to get my house back in order and get the laundry caught up. If they call tomorrow, I will comply but I needed today for ME. My dear husband just vacuumed the upstairs for me.....it helped so much. I've been working trying to straighten this and that this morning in between folding tons of laundry. I don't know how I kept this together when I worked full time. Perhaps that is why I was often stressed. Thank God for retirement....it is when I really learned to live.

Saturday afternoon was the wedding of my good friend, Bernice's granddaughter. It was a beautiful and elegant affair. I put my pics on my blog site so that those that are interested can take a look. Saturday morning I accompanied Bernice and one of her daughers in law along with the father of the bride to the reception hall to do some decorating. We had a great time. The mother of the bride said she would have freaked to do that stuff and I just laughed because what is so easy for one is often difficult for another. It often takes many to get the jobs done for such a big affair as a wedding. I know that I was so appreciative of the different things people have done for me/us when our girls got married (Debbie included). All our girls have had their weddings. A couple are single again but my responsibility is complete. The next time they are on their own. Of course I will help, but I wouldn't take on another big wedding. NO, no no no no. One stands to the side and watches dollar bills fly out windows and doors. I have such a time with that kind of expenditure. Perhaps if money came easier it would be different for me but we have worked too hard for those dollars.

So to Deb and Steve, whose job of rearing their daughter, Mary, is now complete....congratulations. Good job! Adoptive parents understand better than those that are not. There are complexities that are not understood by most...there are challenges, trials and pain that only they understand...in addition there is a pride and joy that only an adoptive parent can understand as well. God sends us on quite a faith ride with Him but when we look back we can say that He has been faithful. My prayer is that Mary and her husband Steve will be happy and complete as they live their life together under the blessing of God. To God be the glory.

No comments: