Friday, November 7, 2008

Catching My Breath

I needed a day off to recover....so happy Thursday (oops....its Friday). This morning we will see our daughter and husband and their two kids from Phoenix. They came into Indy Wednesday evening and spent the night with our son, Josh and his wife and family. They are coming to De Motte this morning and will stay at Lauri's house and Craig and Kendra with little Emerson will stay here. Son John and Kim and their children are coming tomorrow evening and stay the night. Jennifer and Kip will come on Saturday or Sunday as their schedules permit. Lauri called my dad, her grandpa, and asked if it would be okay if the guys would have a work morning at his house on Saturday morning. For the first time in his life, he agreed to receive some help. Reality is settling in. Lauri told him to make a list and they would get accomplished whatever they had time to do. I'm sure he is excited.......it is not fun to sit in the house and think of all that could be done but you don't have the energy to do it. My heart bleeds for him. I've been there.

Last night we had our second choir practice for the Larnelle Harris concert which will be in our church December 5. It is amazing how quickly one loses the ability to read and sing harmony when what we sing in church anymore is mostly melody. That is one of the things my dad has against putting lyrics on the screen....no one can read music to provide the richness of harmony. At any rate, both Ken and I agree that this special choir is a challenge after not singing in a choir for several years. It is fun when it comes together.

Wednesday, I had the seventh mentoring session with a young gal that is becoming a member of our church. Only one week to go and she will have completed the course. She is excited. I am excited for her. One of the suggestions this week is to pray in the morning that you would be a blessing to someone that day...then in the evening, pray for anyone God had brought across your path that day. On Wednesday, I had several people that God brought to me that I could bless but I can't think of a soul I touched on Thursday. It was a quiet day and I think I needed that. Sometimes the Lord knows we need to just veg out and recoup our energy and enthusiasm. That was Thursday for me. Oh yes, I just thought of someone.....I corrected a prisoner's Bible study yesterday and wrote him a letter so I suppose I sprinkled the love of Jesus on that piece of paper on which I tried to encourage him. Writing prisoners is a step of faith because one never gets to know that person other than through the one lesson that gets corrected. Prisoners have to be so lonely. I just pray over the words God gives me to write them and hope His spirit is touching him through the words on the page.

No comments: