Friday, November 21, 2008

A Play Date with Lauri

It's nearly six thirty and the sky is beginning to lighten this morning. The limbs on the trees are still only silhouettes. The beginning of a new day. What a comfort to know that God's mercies are new every morning. I'm sure glad his mercy today isn't contingent on my performance yesterday. Yea, I wasn't way too nice to the man of my house yesterday for reasons explained prior. But it truly is a new day.....in my heart, too. Thank you ,God, for your forgiving grace.

Last evening we both went to choir practice. It is a temporary choir which will sing along with Larnelle Harris on December 6th in our church. It has been quite a stretching experience but one that proves to us that practice is all one needs to restore skills one has polished in the past. If we were to sing all alone, it wouldn't be good but all together with thirty five or forty others, it sounds wonderful. That's kind of interesting, isn't it? I wonder if that rule could be applied in other venues. Such as, if one person tries to accomplish a project, it is way more difficult and individual weaknesses are obvious......but when a group works the same project....one covers for the other and all the gaps of weakness are filled. Yes, I like the thought of that. I suppose thats why God made us a "people" rather than a "person".

As we drove into our yard after practice, I asked if the heat was on in Peggy Sue and my husband said that it was. So we parked the vehicle in the garage and both headed for a few sweet moments in our little antique travel trailer, Peggy Sue. She is so nice and clean. She smells good. She is warm and cozy. This project has certainly taken its good old time but it is worth it. Neither of us can wait to tie her behind the Durango and head out the driveway for Phoenix. We plan to do that just after Christmas. There are a few finishing touches that need doing yet but I have learned some patience through this experience. One step at a time.

I'm planning to have a great day. How about you? With new mercies to begin with, it is sure to be blessed. I think this day will be spent with my daughter, Lauri. We haven't had a day together for a long time so we are due. I have no forgone responsibilities today so I can play. First I have to pay though, so I'm off to Curves. Have a good one.

No comments: