Saturday, December 20, 2008

No Cards This Year

I apologize for not getting cards out this season. Just don't have the spirit right now. Just surviving is an effort. BUT, I have enjoyed all the cards we have received and so many of them are picture cards. I don't recall a year in which so many pictures have arrived. I love those. Thanks Hoosier Mama, I felt honored to receive the picture of your beautiful family. Enjoy these moments.....it is the best time of your life. I remember when people told me that when our children were teens and young adults and I would have told them they were crazy. But, it truly was such a neat time in the life of our family. There are certainly many challenges that raise their ugly head but for the most part it is a sweet time to watch one's children grow into adults.

I am scheduled for a renal ultrasound on Monday morning. There is certainly a problem and I see no resolution. God has to have one for me. It is so difficult to trust at a time like this. I don't know what I would do with out my husband, kids and friends. Ken has been an absolute rock. My kids are concerned and suportive, too. My friend Joyce, came today for a few hours and passed the time away as well as kept my mind off my self for the most part. No matter how I will not to worry, I still do it. At one point today, I audibly addressed God and said, " I simply cannot give all this to you....I don't have what it takes to do that.....but I know that your spirit does have the power to help me and I'm relying on You. Please pray that God will zero through my doubt and fears and surprise me with His grace and mercy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Gayle! It is a time of contrasts... togetherness interspersed with a total lack of knowledge of what anyone is up to! In the meantime I am full of thanks for God's blessings to us. I am trying to catch up after being internet-less after the power outages. Hope you are feeling well! i am praying for you!