Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Very Busy Saturday

Yesterday was a very big day for me. After sitting on my sitter for the last six weeks, I have been tending to a few of the mundane things that need doing here. I am sure my husband is more than a little relieved. I will make public my appreciation for all that he has taken over. In addition to doing my work, he has been busy with insurance work as well. If he has ever proved his love for me it has been now. As all humans he came to his patient end just a couple times. Once was Friday night when I asked him to go to the grocery store for salt free tomato sauce and kidney beans. I had a yen for chili which is very unusual. I thought I could make it as salt free as possible and eat it without guilt. He came home with some cans of the requested but none of it was even close to salt free. When I commented that I wouldn't be able to use those, he kind of lost it. After putting in the effort he hadn't been successful. I was talking to my friend Joyce who also has to watch her salt intake and she told me the labels he should look for. It didn't go over very well. Joyce gathered together cans she had that would fill my bill and then dropped them off later. I still haven't made the chili but I will soon.


Ken and I cleaned the house together and it felt so freeing to get this place back to a presentable condition. My brother and his wife came from Wis about 2:30. Though they could care less whether there were dust kitties on my floor, it was therapeutic for me to have things clean. After they arrived, my dear friend from church, Rosa, drove into the yard and bore a bouquet of flowers as she walked into the house. I was delighted to introduce her to my brother and wife. My brother is on the board of an orphanage complex in Peru and spends about a month there each year. I knew he would thrill to hear Rosa's Spanish accent. I watched a grin spread across his face every now and then. Rosa would be delightful whatever language she spoke. She and the rest enjoyed a friendly cup of java and off she went to Merrillville to pick up an order.

Late in the afternoon, we drove to my other brother and wife's home who live here. They had dinner for us and then kept Jim and Sue overnight. We had an enjoyable time. I must say by seven thirty I was totally pooped.

When we walked into our kitchen on our return, there stood a stainless steel thermos bottle. I couldn't figure it. Imagine my delight to find Rosa had returned to bring me a chai tea! What a sweetie! I will sip it in small quantities but I sure did enjoy my first cup. Thanks Rosa.

No comments: