Friday, February 27, 2009

This and That Again

In the last twelve hours, we have witnessed the power of' God in the weather. A spring thunderstorm last night was a bit premature but it sure was powerful. One thunder crack sent me jumping in my bed. Then the temperatures plunged about twenty degrees and the wind began to blow. Now its morning and snow swirls through the air. I suppose winter finds it difficult to let go.

Its not a pretty morning....still dark, dreary and very cold. The warmth of the house is welcome.

Last night, the sixth and seventh graders had their annual science fairs. Both grandaughter Sydney and Isaiah were involved. As a parent and grandparent, science fairs give me the creeps. It such pressures kids. Next year as eighth graders they do a history fair. Now that is more interesting to me. Did you catch that I'm not one with a bent toward science? Both of our kids did well and it allows me to sigh deeply. They feel so good when they do well and so badly when they don't do as well as they hoped. They both gave it their best and that is all we can ask.

Kendra as music teacher in Crystal Lake had her student's program last night. I'm sure it went well. I used to go to each one of those. She called last night and facetiously said, "When can I expect you?" Maybe next time.

My husband got a cold about ten-twelve days ago so took himself to the guest room at night in hopes of not passing that bug to me. I needed him in bed with me at night and it was a great loss to me for those nights. Last night, we slept together again. I rested so much better having him close to me. There was a calm in me that all was well. Marriage is a mystery. After forty five years, we are much close to the two shall be one than we were at our twentieth anniversary. Life is a growth process.

No comments: