Friday, March 23, 2007

Today dawned as dull as yesterday did bright and beautiful. What is the old adage? Rain, rain go away, come again some other day, Johnny wants to play. Springbreak begins when the bell dismisses us from school today. The excitement is high. Some high schoolers decided to begin a day early so the attendance is down today. A week's vacation is balm to anyone's life style. It would be nice if the sun were shining. The rain is turning the grass green, however, and that is a beautiful sight even in the rain. Puddles are everywhere in the parking lot. One can't walk to and from the car without getting wet feet. Earth worms are meeting their demise as they float on the top of the puddles. It truly is a spring scene out there. As much as it was torture to stay indoors and look out yesterday, it is comfortable and contentful to sit indoors and look out this day. My husband, grandson and I are leaving for Washington DC on Monday. The extended weather forcast shows showers on many of those days with the temps in the sixties. I guess we will carry umbrellas and pretend the sun is shining. The awesome sights of our nation's capitol will be delightful whatever the weather. I haven't been there since my highschool class trip, but I remember the awe I felt as we walked the halls of the capitol building. I hope it is just as profound an experience this time as it was the first time.

No comments: