Monday, April 2, 2007

The Feared Diagnosis

Our youngest daughter and her husband spent spring break in Missouri with his parents. They knew for some time that his mother had not been feeling well. She had been experiencing a lot of congestion and had a very bad cough. While they were there she ended up in the hospital where they took some tests. The news is not good. Kendra called me this morning and told me that they got the diagnosis last evening. Cancer in both lungs and liver. It is devastating news. Last spring break, Isaiah and I had accompanied Craig and Kendra and spent a week with his parents. It was an opportunity for me to bond with them. I came away with an appreciation for Mary and feel she is more than my son-in-law's mother; she is a friend. My heart aches for all of them. Their family has lost two of their four sons in past years and one would think that is enough trauma for one family. Her treatment is still to be determined. Kendra asked for people to pray........please do.

No comments: