Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's How it Ends That Counts

Another week of cold, unseasonable weather is behind us. The sad thing is that the weather forcast for next week is not anything for a rooster to crow about either. Ugh, when is it going to feel like spring? The eastern coast states were hit very hard with heavy snow fall the past few days. Poor folk. We had a bit of snow too but I guess I shouldn't complain, but there is no fun going outdoors right now. Today is about forty degrees and very overcast. It has spit a few rain drops but nothing more. Just plain depressing. To add to the weekend bums is that my husband, Ken, agreed to man the tech booth at church for a wedding today. That meant that last night he had to be at rehearsal and today at the wedding. Poof. There went the weekend. I don't think I'll be encouraging his kindness in that regard again. Today, I had to be at the dentist at eight o'clock for preparation to have a crown put on in a month or so. That was fun, too. Just a great spring Saturday. It will end better though. I'm going to run to Merrillville, my destination of choice for awhile. It is the shopping area of this era. I love it and so enjoy puttzing around checking out the bargains. Then we will have good friends come to sup with us and play a few hands of cards. No stakes, just fun. It's not how the day begins, but how it ends that counts.

No comments: