Sunday, August 19, 2007

One Last Day of Celebration

Today we had a 40th birthday dinner for Lauri. The menu was planned for Lauri and regretfully not her husband. We had broiled tilapia, potato casserole( made by grandaughter, Alex), creamed brussel sprouts, fruit and tomato cheese bread. Poor Elton didn't like the fish or the sprouts. I guess it just wasn't his birthday. His daughter, Mackenna, going into fourth grade, ate close to a dozen sprouts. She says she loves them. Brussel sprouts have always been a favorite vegetable of our older children. The younger aren't so excited about them.

This afternoon we attended my niece's shower. She received a truck load of beautiful gifts. My question is where they are going to store the loot. I commented that the niece and her husband may have to move out and let the "baby things" move in. It isn't any wonder one sees so many baby items at garage sales. The number of baby necessities young moms need these days far surpasses anything I experienced as a mom. My great niece will have a wardrobe fit for a princess and enough baby items to make all her moments pleasant. I just have to chuckle a bit...I guess that reveals my age, uh?

In order to get a birthday dinner sandwiched between church and a one o'clock shower meant that we had to attend church at Lauri's church which begins an hour earlier than ours. As it was, I had to work fast to get it all together. Ken came along side me in effort and together we managed to get it all on the table shortly after noon.

I'm ready for a rest. Hopefully, tonight and tomorrow will be low key and opportunity to rest and rejuvinate.

No comments: