Friday, August 3, 2007

Sometimes Life is Hot and Dry

I've had a very slow start this morning. We, for no good reason, got up late. The last couple of mornings I had been giving God my leftovers so I committed to giving him the early morning today. I watched Joyce Meyer and learned about the danger of taking offense. John Bevere the author of "The Bait of Satan" was her guest. He talked about how we set up ourselves to take offense when we have expectations of others of which they are not aware. I had to "amen" that insight. If I expect nothing, there won't be much at which I can take offense. I tucked that information in my heart and thought how I could start anew with some.

When Kendra got up we had some breakfast together and visited awhile. I shared with her how someone I love is going through a very difficult time with depression. Last evening, I talked with the my loved one, he/she shared with me disappointments he/she has had with some of the close people in his/her life. I began to make a correlation between his/her hurts and the expectations he/she has for those that love him/her. With the busy lives we live and the miles that seperate family members, it is really difficult to meet some of expectations placed upon us. Kendra and I talked a bit about how we could help. Obviously, prayer is the biggest help we can give. To enlist God's help for someone is far greater than attempting something on our own. Then we talked about some practical ways we may be able to help. Calling more often. Sending cards. Perhaps sending a gift. All of these may help this one know that he/she is loved not only by God but by us. God help us help him/her.

I walked outdoors and saw that I had been neglecting my flower pots. It has been so hot and dry, there hasn't been any joy in tending them. It shows. They became less green and beautiful and more and more limp and ugly. I took a shears and cut off the straggly stuff. Hopefully they will rejuvinate.....Then I was reminded of the comparison. My precious one has been going through a very hot and dry time in his/her life. There hasn't been any joy in making a connection with him/her because there was no vibrance in him/her. He/she was drying out and shriveling up from grief. It became less and less desirable to contact him/her. One didn't know how to help. He/she seemed to wish to cut off the outside world. Now they wonder where everyone has been. A vicious cycle. Now that the confession is made, perhaps he/she will rejuvinate. It is my prayer that my precious one will again become connected with those he/sheloves. The connection will be more in spirit than physically. We have never left him/her. We have always been here for him/her. Pain had put a fog between his/her awareness of our love and the actual reality of it. Lord, help our precious one to feel your love first, ours after that through your grace.

No comments: