Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pictures and More

Doesn't a day after a holiday always feel like a Monday? I have to pinch myself twice to remind myself that it is Tuesday today. From experience, I know this week will fly by since we are at Tuesday already. My day is filled to capacity already and the day is young. This morning I'm going to coffee at the home of my mother's cousin's widow. She has some pictures of my mother's side of the family that will come in handy for the reunion coming up. She is a beautiful lady and I know we will have a sweet and precious time together this morning.

I need to prepare dinner for a guest tonight. A friend of our daughter's has lived with us for the last year. We haven't met any of her family so tonight her grandmother is coming to dinner. We look forward to getting to know the one Lynette holds so dear. She loves her Grandma very much and can always count on Grandma for support and love. I remember having the same relationship with my grandmother. I hope I am being that kind of G that my grandchildren will remember.

I also plan to get to CVS to have some pictures from our vacation made from my memory stick. After purusing some my father's slides (he has a host of them) last evening and seeing the west in several sets of vacation pictures, it occured to me that we could have used his slides and not fretted about taking pics of this and that on our own trip. They all look the same. Another thing that became more clear than ever is that only pictures with people on them have a whole lot of significance thirty and forty years later. I found some from my mother's side of the family when I and my siblings and cousins were young. There were a couple of Christimas celebrations when the room was full of a few adults and a score of small children. It is difficult to get the full effect on a small slide over a light box but I know they will be special made larger and into real pictures. This picture project is of course for our reunion. Another one of my efforts that takes tons of time. Hopefully, it will be worth it when the cousins find joy and memories come alive.

May the Lord shine His face upon each reader today. May each of your family members be blest with the awareness of His presence this day.

Those activities should fill my day. I've gotten an early start so that I can dust and tidy up the house to make it presentable for this evening's guest.

No comments: