Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Aha, the day after the day before. Even though our numbers were unusally low (14), it was a delightful yet busy day. I thoroughly enjoyed my kids and the grandchildren we don't see all that often. I am more tired now than I was last night. At 2:30 a.m., Scarlen called me on the phone. "Are you out shopping yet, Mom?"



"NO, I'm sleeping so I can get up at four or earlier and go shopping."



Turns out that she and Lynette went to the outlet mall in Michigan City (an hour away) which opened at midnight. Thanks, but no thanks. I have to have some sleep to function. I did return to sleep after Scarlen had me get up to check on Isaiah's shoe size. Ugh. Not happy. I woke about 3:45 and left a little after four.



I had no agenda. That is the best way to go. If I find something I can't live without, I buy it. If I don't see any fantastic deals, I go home. While at Kohl's I met our good friends, Jim and Linda and from then on we were a trio. Good thing, because once I got the things I needed from Carson's I couldn't have carried them without help. Heavy. Bless that Jim's heart. I ended up with eight big towels. Normal price per towel; $10; today's price; 4 for $10. Can only gain on those types of deals. I also picked up a new crock pot (working on turkey soup at the moment) normally $50.00 for $20.00 and one for Lauri too. Basically, those were my deals. After we all went to Menards, Joanns, and Kmart, we parted ways and I came home.



Once home, Ken and I began to talk cameras. We looked on line and thought we could get one of the deals via online shopping. Nope, they put blackouts on all the super specials. So, back to Merrillville we went together. We found a very nice camera and I'm thrilled. The battery pack is charging and I can't wait until the light turns green so I can practice. The memory stick holds over 4000 pictures. Technology is truly amazing.



Days like this show us two sides of humanity. Black Friday shopping isn't for sissys. One has to have patience plus. I love to go but there aren't many I know that share my enthusiasm. I enjoyed my enteraction with the people standing in long lines with me. I have some new friends though I don't know their names. Diversity was part of the enjoyment; people from all ethnic groups including my own. I had a ball. It is always my goal to help people enjoy Black Friday. A huge smile, a "let me help you with that" both go a long way in making the day an enjoyable one for others and for me. All in all, the ratio was 50 happy people to 1 crouch. One would love to say to a crouch, "Honey, you aren't cut out for this day. Do us all a favor and go home with your misery".



Yes, I'm a little crazy, but you already knew that.

No comments: