Friday, November 16, 2007

Impulse Number Two

I'm having a case of impulsion this morning. Kendra calls every morning at 7:30. This morning she said she was going to be alone tonight because Craig has a sleep over for his basketball team. (I didn't know boys had sleep overs :) She commented that Craig will probably sleep all day tomorrow after the night he will have. Sooooooo, I impulsively said, "So then, I should come up and we could have a fun night and tomorrow". Her reply was "Yes! You could do that". So I told her I had to hang up right then and see if I could make it work. I called Ken and asked what he thought. He told me to go and have a good time. I asked if he was sure, after all, it is the weekend. He was firm in his encouragement. He said he had tons of things to do so he would be busy the whole time. I must say that I have I have husband that gives me so much freedom and I am so thankful. He knows the kind of person I am and encourages me to be that person. I truly love him.

So the plan is.....I will leave as soon as I get this blogged and meet her at school. She loves when I come and sit in the classroom and I love to sit there and watch her in action. She is so good at what she does and I sit with my buttons popped. Well, figuratively speaking, of course.

Her last words were, "Now you know you don't have to do this so if it doesn't work don't feel bad if you have to call me to say you can't come". Fat chance. I love every opportunity to see my kids.

Yesterday, I worked around my house til around noon and then went to Lauri's to help her get caught up. I think she got behind when we had company for two weeks running. She hasn't gotten on top of things until now. We got some of the things done that have been bugging her and it was such a joy to be able to bring her a lift. She does so much for us and it felt really good to return the favor.

So, the world turns in the life of this common ordinary human being. The real deal is still relationships, both with the Father of lights and with those He has given me to love. I can't praise Him enough. Off I go into the wild blue yonder, flying high into the highway. I will enjoy the journey. Blessings to each of you today.

No comments: