Sunday, November 18, 2007

Visit to Kendra

I arrived on the scene in Kendra's classroom about noon on Friday. She had one class of fourth graders, two classes of second graders and two classes of first graders to see for the rest of the day. I enjoyed being a bug on the wall. Of course, all the kids were in wonderment of the strange lady in the classroom but Kendra did a good job of making them feel comfortable. I loved listening to them sing. It was so evident that kids love music class. As they listened to portions of music or songs they hadn't yet learned, their little bodies would sway with the beat as they quietly stayed in their places. To say that God created humans to enjoy music is very easy when watching their innate reaction to beat and sound. It was great joy to be in the classroom once again. Kendra's second graders are getting ready for their big program coming up on December 6th. Mom always comes for her special events and God willing I'll get to do that again this year. In fact, this time I can get there early in the day and help her set up and take care of kids prior to the start of the program. Formerly, when I left after school to attend the programs, I would be blessed to get their on time for the start. One time was particularly difficult. I hadn't been that way very often and some how got lost. To add to the mess, it was dark and rainy and as a result very difficult to see. I had one of my grandaughters with me who was getting very nernous about making the program in time. When we arrived at the school it was three minutes before starting time. That was way too close for comfort.

Yesterday morning, Kendra and her friend Kiersten and I went to a very large Christmas craft bazaar. While there were many wonderful crafts people and artizans there, I saw nothing that tempted me. I did get a few ideas and could have given a few, too. I can't believe that at one time in my life I was really into those things. I think by now I have enough STUFF that to add more makes me want to, well you know.

BTW, Craig's basketball team "sleep over" was not a 'sleep over". Tongue in cheek. It was called "boot camp". All the boys practiced all night with a few hours of sleep interspersed. I told Craig I felt better about boot camp because it didn't seem like a very manly thing to have a "sleep over". Craig was totally pooped yesterday after spending the night in such a manner. I think those things are totally stupid. Every one comes home exhausted and it takes days to recover their biological clock. I recall the condition of my children when they spent the night with a bunch of their friends. They were ugly when they got home and most of the time they didn't feel well either.

Today, I'm involved in the praise and worship team at church. Have to be there early so I best get ready. We have a busy service this morning so it will probably be quite lengthy.

No comments: