Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Alarms

I have my nose out of joint a bit this morning. I woke around four thirty and was ready to begin the day but knew that wasn't the wise thing to do or I would fade fast tonight and I can't do that. I moved to the recliner in hopes of a couple hours more sleep. The recliner is in the living room directly above the bedroom in which the two girls sleep. I had made myself warm and cozy and was falling into slumber when someone's alarm went off. And off. And off. Finally, some soul who was sleeping more deeply than I shut it off. Fifteen minutes later, a different alarm went off. It, too, went on and off for several minutes. It has been going off and on now for the duration. As I write it still goes off every five minutes or so.

I don't understand such things. An alarm is something one uses to wake oneself so that a responsibility that needs doing can be accomplished. It is now an hour since the first alarm went off. What could possibly be the need for waking every five minutes for an hour? Where is someone supposed to be and is not? As one that feels being on time to anything is of utmost importance, this bothers me. As a result, I'm wide eyed and will be awake for the reminder of the day and will probably fade early tonight but when I do, I will know the reason why. I'm going to have a talk with those girls about their alarms. Oops, there it goes again. Ugh.

The Bible Study I attend is supposed to meet this morning. We had some snow during the night and it is a winter wonderland out there. I just checked the local school corporations website and no delay is noted so I suppose Bible Study will proceed as planned. If school were delayed or canceled it would be a different story. After Bible Study, I will go to Algonquin and visit Kendra again. She has a program tomorrow evening and Mom generally goes to all her programs. The problem with tomorrow night is that our grandchildren here have a band concert. Fortunately, I can have the best of both worlds by attending the performance for the school student body in the afternoon tomorrow and then drive home and hope to make it home in time for the band concert. We have three grands in band at DMC. Alex and Isaiah each play trumpet and Sydney plays the flute. As an eighth grader, Alex is in the "big" band and Isaiah and Syd are in sixth grade band. Their programs are always a delight.

The phone just rang. I knew what that meant. Yes, there is a delay this morning. School will start two hours late. I guess I won't be going to Bible study so I can get an early start on my trip northwest.

Alarm is going off again.........

No comments: