Monday, January 7, 2008

Blast From the Past

Balmy temps. Sixty two degrees is the forecast for today. Gotta love it. I just viewed the seven day forcast and it will be winter again by the end of the week. It is so overcast, I feel like we have been wrapped in a cocoon. I suppose we have in a strange way.


Last night, I went to the Christmas Sunday School program of our some of our in-town grandchildren. Snow and ice had cancelled it prior to Christmas. It was rather nice to have the hustle and bustle over and reflect again on the birth of our Savior. Singing the songs of Christmas after the fact gave an interesting and welcomed twist to life. I enjoyed it immensely. After the program I pulled out Hershey bars for the kids and of course, I was the best grandma ever. Amazing how little it takes to thrill a kid.

After church yesterday morning some friends and we went to a restaurant along the interstate. As we drove into the complex, I noticed across the street that the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile was filling up with gas. I got so tickled. We turned our car around and hurried over there. They were just finished filling so were getting back into the unique vehicle. Isaiah hurried out of the car and I took his picture standing next to the wienermobile. About thirty five years ago, our oldest three children were with us in Hebron at a restuarant and the mobile pulled up. I remember the thrill they got from that sight. A little blast from the past brought a smile to my face.

I believe all my chicks and theirs have arrived back at their homes after they had left their nests over the holidays. It feels good that the successful and enjoyable trip is forever in our memories as some of our fondest.

No comments: