Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Antique Seekers That We Are

Wednesday......Women in the Word Bible Study.......today the lesson was, "God's Word is Alive and Active in Me". The teaching was profound and moving. I could say amen to every word Beth Moore spoke. It is so easy to agree with and so difficult to put into practice. God grant that I may soak in the word of truth from your Word and to exhale it to those around me. After BS, two friends came for lunch. One is a lifetime friend, Norma, and the other is a friend that I have gotten to know by her visits to our church when she comes to spend time with three daughters that live in our area. Frankie is a true disciple of Jesus and resides in California. She inspires me and I feel a true bond with her. We had a delightful time visiting, sharing the good and the challenging and enjoying good food together. Norma brought some killer cream of broccoli soup and I got a delightful spinach salad at Cosco so presto, it was lunch. The chocolate covered strawberries were a special treat. I couldn't believe our local grocery store had such beautiful berries in January but I wasted no time in covering them in chocolate for a lovely end of meal morsel.

Ken has been getting everything ready on the Durango to accomodate the pulling of a silver bullet. We have pretty much purchased one unseen in Memphis. We will stop there on our way to Phoenix on Friday and see what we hope will be ours. I will pack all we need to live in that little 19 foot trailer for a couple of weeks. I'm sure there will be things we need to pick up along the way but I'm taking the obvious. Tomorrow I will gather as many of those th ings that I can think of, small microwave out of the garage that I 've been saving for just such an occasion....little coffee maker, spare toaster, etc. I guess there was method to saving all those things. Tin can touristing, here we come.

It is so interesting that both my husband and I are excited about this project. Usually when we go into some sort of project, one of us is dragging our feet but this time, we are like two kids with a Christmas gift. We are looking forward to openin g the box to see what's inside. Norma said today, it's like buying an antique. It's not like buying an antique, it IS buying an antique.

Changing the subject completely.........what about the NH primaries? I really call on God to bring his will into this campaign and election. I'm convinced we will see a party change in power but I'm scared to death of both of the major candidates on that side of the fence. This is another of those times when I can hardly stand the thought of either of them being the leader of our nation. I've been there before but unfortunately, the other times I was disappointed and for good reason. Oh God, save our nation. Wake up our citizenry to truth and reality.

No comments: