Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tying up Loose Ends

I am having a dickens of a time finding the Florida pictures I downloaded onto this computer. I can find them, just can't find them when I browse to add them to the blog. Where is my computer whiz son when I need him. Oh yea, we left him in Florida. Shucks. I thought the blog looked so drab with the fallen tree pictures on the top so decided to add some color. Yes, let's think spring. Once January is behind us it isn't long before we will see signs of my favorite time of year.

BTW, when we returned home the ground was covered with snow and all the fallen limbs were gone. But when we woke one morning and found all the snow had melted we could see that our neighbor and his family did a fantastic job of cleaning up our fallen tree mess. Aside from the holes in the grass from the gouges the big limbs made, one would never know. Bless them.

Today is catch up day. Tie up all the loose ends and believe me there are many. I have to regroup each time I think of another catagory. There are many things about the retreat I need to bring up to speed today. One new word I've learned is "delegate" so that is what I will spend my day doing.

Last night Ken suggested leaving this afternoon. That tells me he is very eager. I reminded him that leaving Friday morning would be wiser since we would be fresh and have a full ten hours of daylight. He agreed so we will sleep in our home bed one more night. That is really pretty funny. I'm usually the one that wants to jump the gun and get out of Dodge as soon as possible and he is the one holding back my reigns. Feels a little weird when the role is reversed.

Isaiah has a science project that needs to get started before we leave. I've made several phone calls and think I have the plan in place. He knew what he wanted but it was my job to get all the materials in place and get him organized. He is going to determine how various factors relate to root growth. Our forty pansey starts will come tonight. The whole thing makes me nervous because I know a sixth grade kid needs someone to guide him through a two month process. His mother is too busy with work and school and doesn't know beans about growing plants. God help the little guy while I'm gone. Perhaps (and I hope) they will surprise me. (Lauri, will you inquire now and then, please????) She only has two kids doing science projects so she should have time, right? I feel like I'm abandoning Isaiah and Kendra as they are both needy in different ways within the next couple of weeks. I'm sure they will survive and will not even notice I'm gone but I suppose it is human to feel a bit of responsibility for their encouragement.

Kendra's urnine protein has quadrupled since the problem started. They say that isn't a good thing. She has no other signs of trouble but they are watching her closely and say they will induce her at least a week early. Ugh. I don't like that kind of thing and hear of it so much lately. She mentioned to me this morning that she doesn't want her little baby to have to stay in the hospital in the event they induce her earlier. The doctor mentioned three weeks earlier if her count continues to climb. I hear her heart and can only remind her that God is in control.

Sometimes having eight children feels like having eight children if you know what I mean. My primary purpose as parent is over yet I feel such a responsibility to them. Each one is so precious to me. You all know what I mean if you are a parent. A parent wants to make clear a child's path ....kind of like God. He says He will make our path plane. Praise Him for that comfort. Here they are, Lord, all eight of them and their spouses and children. Love on them for me, Lord.

No comments: