Friday, January 18, 2008

Peggy Sue is Getting Newer Every Day

Don and Ken are out in Peggy Sue getting some things accomplished. I'm tucked away in the house with the parakeet and Lucy their boxer. I think there are a few fish around, too. It is very quiet at the moment. Feels rather good.

It's pretty obvious to me that we won't get everything completed on Peggy Sue before we head back to the north. I don't suppose we really expected to. She needs more TLS than two weeks can accomplish. Well, that is two weeks from people who want to do more than restore an old trailer on their vacation. We enjoy it but when enough is enough, we quit and do something else. We have a good start and today, after I do some cleaning for Sherri, I want to finish the cleaning on Peggy Sue so we can move some of our junk into the her. Our room is beginning to look like a cluttered mess. It's amazing how one accumulates STUFF when on is on vacation. Sherri and Whitney and I went to an estate sale a couple of days ago. I added a new church plate to my collection and picked up a couple of things for our retreat teams decorating team. In addition there is a big of cute little preemie clothes for a new little girl.

I just got really bad news.....my aunt, my precious Aunt Selma, has just been diagnosed with lung cancer.....seems like it can't be true. Ugh. The Sunday night before we left I went to the church where my aunt plays the organ. She is 85 and still going strong. She played that night and I was amazed at the energy level at which she played. It is just sad to me that she has to go through what one has to go through with such a diagnosis.

Kendra went home without her baby last night. She was a pretty sad girl. I haven't talked with her yet this morning. I thought I'd let her sleep in this morning.....if she can.

No comments: