Friday, January 18, 2008

Update on Emerson

I talked with Kendra this afternoon. She commented that Emerson had a couple of breathing spells today. A more accurate term would be non breathing spells. The doctors and nurses assure Craig and Kendra that all the things Emerson is experiencing is common to preemies. The doctors still think she will be in the hospital two to three weeks, one even mentioned three to four today. I think it would be appropriate to say we just don't know at this point. I know Kendra longs to have her mother by her side. Today she asked how long/I told her a week from Wednesday but I assured her that her dad will drop me off on our way through. That seemed to comfort her a bit....you retreat team may have to function without me for awhile. It is all a bit overwhelming for me too.

The nurses told Kendra today that Emerson will have to be spell free for eight days before she comes home. I expect she will be there awhile.

Lauri and Elton are going there for a couple of days. They will attempt to get the kids organized. I think Craig and Kendra are overwhelmed with the preparations they still need to make for the baby's room. Hopefully, much will be accomplished tomorrow. Elton is a good help and will get the ball rolling there. Lauri will play maid and get the house clean. I know she was cooking up a storm today so that she has food prepared for everyone to eat while they are there. What a good sister she is.

No comments: