Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday Winesome Ways

Well, my husband looked like a chipmunk this morning. He was pretty swollen. Don's step mother called and asked about him. She was the person that sent us to the one out of 300 dentists in Algodonis. Ora worked for a dental office for several years in Seattle. It was a helpful conversation. She told Ken he is doing well and encouraged him to use both ice and heat alternately. He has done that this morning and looks better and says he feels better. This afternoon we are meeting Whitney at the place where she hopes to have her wedding. It is an outdoor place and she has her heart set on that place for both wedding and reception. We are eager to see it and anticipate the joy we will expeience when the time comes. The time table at this moment is March of 09. This is contingent upon her boyfriend's job. He is in law enforcement and is attempting to get a job with the sheriffs office. At the same time he will go to school. \Whitney is also in school and in somewhat of the same field. Her goal is to be a victim's advocate. I'm thinking she would be really good at that.

I get great joy from watching Aidan's devotion to his big sister. On Sunday, all the guest left and Whitney and Josh were preparing to leave as well. Aidan was lying under the pool table crying. I could not understand why he was so sad since he had just had a great time with his cousins. Whitney climbed under the pool table and laid next to him. When she submerged, she said, "He doesn't want us to leave." She asked if they could take him with them and Mom and Dad said that wasn't a good idea since he had to get up early the next morning. They played a game of pool with him and he was comforted. Whitney said that later that night he called her on her cell and asked if he could sleep in her bed. She told him he could and that she would move him to the floor when she got home. Those two kids are nine years apart but there is no seperation in their sibling love and bond.

I answered the phone a few minutes ago and it was Anna, my friend from my work place from which I retired. After I told her all my good news, she told me her bad news. She and her husband and son were in an auto accident three days before Christmas. She broke two hands and one wrist. She had surgery and then ended up with flu like symptoms that lasted longer than a week. She spent that week in the hospital. Poor Anna. My heart aches for my good friend. It was anything but a wonderful Christmas for her. She is healing but it will be two weeks before she can go to work again. I will be praying for her......

No comments: