Monday, February 11, 2008

Can't Understand Liberal Thought

Did you watch Larry King last night? Bill Mahler was the guest and I have to say that I watched it about as long as I could and then wanted to spew the whole interview out of my mouth and mind. I don't know who Bill Mahler is. I think I have already confessed to being a television illiterate. So if he is a big time actor or a big time political analyst, I wouldn't know him. Could care less. I listened only a few minutes and was soon enlightened to his liberal stance. He was commenting on the presidential candidates. When asked about Hillary and the other Clinton, his comment was that the people that are still remembering that Bill had sex with another woman were people who didn't have sex and wish they did. Like I said yesterday, I am appalled at this kind of thinking. Does he even think about the lack of integrity that that president displayed to the whole world when he lied to those to whom he was testifying? Sometimes those that are supposed to be so smart are so dumb. It was also his opinion that if everyone that could vote, would vote, we would all be surprised at how liberal this country really is. I guess he thinks that only liberals forfeit their right to vote. I think there may scores of conservatives that don't vote either. I think Mahler might be surprised if the truth is known. I'm not so sure he is concerned about truth.

Even as I write these thoughts, I am paused to realize I know so little about politics. What gives me the right to express this opinion? On the other hand, I feel I know a whole bunch about integrity, uprightness, morality and justice..........these things we, as a people, are desperately lacking and unless this course changes, we will see a further deterioration in our nation and our culture. I base that opinion on the Word of God. That is rock solid with me.

How in the world did I get on this subject?? Time to change the course of my thoughts. I slept well during the night and feel ready to tackle the many details before me today. More retreat stuff to do and hopefully getting a bit of this house back in shape after a wild five weeks away. Things to put away and lots of dust to get up so this task done, I will get at the other tasks at hand.

No comments: