Friday, February 29, 2008

It's Over.........

Well, one wins some and loses some. Lauri didn't like my cauliflower soup and Ken thought it was soso but he didn't want me to throw it out as I felt like doing. The banana bread and spaghetti were eaten heartily by my family here at home so I guess two out of three isn't so bad.

Last night was the dreaded science fair. I was very wary about the project Isaiah had done. I really didn't know what they were looking for and like I said prior, I am not a scientist nor have any interest in the subject. I rather loathe science fairs for that reason. Isaiah got a second and seemed to handle it quite well at school during the fair but expressed his disappointment when we got home. It was a good lesson for him though because his heart and soul were never in that project. It was good enough, whatever it was, seemed to be his attitude about it all. I told his mom later that in reality, Isaiah didn't deserve more than a second and she had to agree. I think he will take his next project much more seriously.

Isaiah's best friend also got a second so that there was a glimmer of comfort in the company of misery. On the other hand, his two girl cousins got firsts. They both did a very good job. Their dad is a science guy and though Syd did it all herself, I know the guidance of someone who knows what they are looking for helps a bit. The eighth graders did history projects. Alex did hers on some queen whose name I don't recall. She has studied everything about the woman and knew her subject very well. As Alex said, "She lived 82 colorful years". I look forward to Isaiah's eighth grade year because history projects hold an excitement for me that science projects never will. This moring there was a cleansing for both Isaiah and me as we took his board apart, and threw out the papers and pictures that had been attached. I kept the best looking of the plants to put in a spring pot and threw the rest in the garbage can. Hurrah! It is over.

No comments: