Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kendra.....Again???

Yesterday the weather was freshlike spring. I walked out in the afternoon to put a garbage bag into the receptacle and found myself out side for a half hour picking up sticks...no coat...only the clothes worn inside. I finally reentered to finish whatever I was doing indoors. Is there anything like spring to warm a heart and excite the adrenalin? I think I told this some time ago that each spring, it comes to my rememberance that my mother upon her death bed said, "I'm ready to go, but I would like to see another spring". I was in my mid thirties then and hadn't gotten to a place in life that I even noticed seasons. I didn't fully understand her heart. Now, I completely comprehend what she was trying to express. Spring...new birth, new life, new everything. Each new blade of life that comes out of the earth is perfect and unmarred. After a summer of heat and wind, that blade changes to a weather beaten plant life that longs for frost to give it a rest. Hmm, I think that was where my mom was at the time. A weather beaten, cancer eaten life, ready for a rest. She found her new spring through that door we spoke of a couple days ago.

Enough of that, already. It's spring so let us rejoice! Kendra surprised us yesterday by coming home. I just returned from her house four days ago. That's okay, I'm not complaining. I love having her around and love the joy of that little one, too. Kendra's cousin is having a house party tonight and Kendra decided she wanted to go. Imagine driving two hours with an eight week old baby to attend a Tastefully Simple party. It's not the party that is the draw....its a chance to visit her relatives. Kendra loves family and doesn't waste an opportunity to be with them. Stacy, tonight's hostess, is five months younger than Kendra so they have virtually grown up together. Both of them have new babies and turned the page to a new chapter in their lives. I know both Kendra and Stacy will be happy Kendra made the trip. We are happy she made the trip, too. Last night, Kendra and Lauri and I sat at Lauri's kitchen table making birth announcements. We have a good time when we are together.

Today will be a day of doing whatever. Kendra wants to go to ToTo to a discount place there called Bailey's. It is huge and full of bargains. Lauri and I were just there on Monday but we won't discourage Kendra. We told her the next time she came we would go there, we just didn't know the next time would be so soon. Life is too short to let a little thing like that interfere. Whatever we do, we will be filled with joy and love. I truly hope you find joy in your day as well. In all your activity, praise God for a new day, a new season and a new opportunity to experience His care and keeping. God is so good.

No comments: