Sunday, March 9, 2008

Not Finished With US Yet

I returned home from Kendra's and Craig's home yesterday afternoon. I had a great time getting my baby fix. That baby feels good to hold and smells good to snuggle with. It's difficult not to repeatedly kiss those chubby little cheeks.

God showed me while gone that He isn't finished with the people of the US quite yet. When Kendra and baby and I were at the mall on Thursday, we bought a pretzel from Auntie Anne's (best pretzels in the world). We sat down to savor the flavor. Two young moms came up and sat at the table behind my back. I heard one mom say to her little daughter, "Lord bless the food we are about to eat, Amen". There was no hiding her intent. She was leading her little daughter in the way of the Lord. I was moved. Both moms talked about their church family while we sat feeling guilty for eaves dropping. I walked away with a big smile. Bless those moms, was my silent prayer.

Yesterday, I stopped at Ikea to get some things for daughter, Lauri. I was all by myself and decided to purchase the 99 cent breakfast of eggs, bacon and potatoes that Ikea offers. I'm kind of a social person so always feel somewhat lost when eating in a restaurant by myself. I sat at a table in the middle of a group of tables. To my left side, a middle aged mom and two teenagers sat down to eat. I wasn't gawking but I did notice that one of the teens had her hands folded in her lap and her head bowed with eyes closed. Immediately, I felt a bond with that young gal. If I could have done what I wanted to do, I would have gotten up and given her a big Family hug. Obviously, I had to be PC so I sat as if I hadn't noticed. Wouldn't want to offend, you know. Behind me, two more young moms came with their youngsters and took their seats. I heard one of the moms say to her children, "Ask God to bless your food". Now I couldn't see what was going on but I could hear that these moms were teaching their children to honor God by recognizing that He is the giver of their food and also the one that blesses it to the health of our bodies. It occured to me at that moment that it was totally amazing that I would witness this God honoring situation three times in the last two days. The Spirit seemed to remind me that God isn't finished with the people of our nation yet. There are many that still recognize Him and honor Him for who He is. I was blessed. In place of encouraging those women personally, I deliberately lifted my eyes to God and asked for blessing in abundance for those godfearing families.

No comments: