Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Watched and Happy

Brunch is over.........
My friend, Joyce, and I worked yesterday afternoon making six quiches and 24 breakfast parfeits. Sometime ago I found two dozen cute frosted glasses for a song and I scarfed those up for just this occasion. They have been waiting to be pressed into service for awhile. You know, I should have a huge storage building to keep all the stuff I pick up along life's journey. I seem to be able to find a use for the strangest things. One day I was in Dollar General and walked past a clearance shelf. The sign said 90 percent off. I found cute tins with lids and when I took one to the register to check the price, the gal behind the counter said, "Oh, Gayle, those are only a penny a piece". I bought the rest of their tins which amounted to around fifteen to twenty of them. At the most that was an investment of twenty cents. I have several left but have found clever uses for some of them already.

This morning we used some white table cloths I picked up at a thrift shop some time ago. They had been brought there from a catering company. They were two dollars a piece and the best part is that they are made of a fabric that doesn't need ironing. They are very pretty and easy to use. Another rescue from the land fills.

This morning's study was basically wrapping up a several month series on believing God. It was a thrill to hear gal's testify of God's care over their lives. It is particularly enjoyable to see young women growing in their faith in the one true God. Our next study will be a short four week study on loving well. This study is also by Beth Moore, whom all of us have come to love as she has shares her heart's passion for God with us. Last summer, in between vacations, I took in two of the four of those and found them very helpful in relationships. Hopefully, I will get to attend each of the four this time around.

Kudos for Kohls. My broken watch band was not fixable. They told me to choose another watch from the same brandname as the one I returned. I was more than pleased. There were no questions about how it broke or when I purchased it. I love to support businesses like that. On the other hand, though Target is a favorite place of mine, their return policies is nuts. I think twice about buying stuff there because they insist on a receipt even if it is months later. That is not friendly. Costco is another wonderful place to do business. Such wonderful wisdom today, uh?

No comments: