Monday, April 14, 2008

Bug on the Wall

We partied all weekend......in the greater world arena that wouldn't sound very good....but we celebrated with joy two birthdays. After three parties in two days, two of them here in this house, I was spent. After the people dispersed, Ken looked at me and said, "You're tired, aren't you?" It isn't good when the people around one can tell....then one knows how badly he/she looks. I settled down in my bedroom and watched Father of the Bride and then started Father of the Bride II but don't remember much of that story. I'll have to catch that one another time.

Earlier in the day when Ken and I got up to leave Dad's and Mary's house around one o'clock, Ken walked ahead of me into the dining room. He yelled, "Hey, you have a lizard in here!" The look on Mary's face was priceless. Immediately my dad became the guilty one. In the living room on a side table next to the window sat a big box with beautiful sweet potato plants growing with vigor. They were started in Florida so there wasn't much contest trying to figure out where the gecko came from. They had carted him all the way home to Indiana in the plant box and now he was loose in the dining room. He escaped Ken's attempt to catch him and all decided he wasn't much of a threat so we left him be whereever he hid. Once my grandchildren got ear that Great Grandma and Grandpa had a lizard in their house they beseeched their mother for approval to keep him in a cage they have for just such an animal. The call was made and Great Grandma said they would try to catch him alive but she couldn't promise anything. The party was in move over to our house so when everyone arrived, the plan was made. Lauri would take her kids to the great grands today, Monday, and try to catch the gecko. That ought to be a trip......I'd like to be a bug on the wall. Well then, maybe not. My life would be in jeopardy. Don't lizards eat bugs?

No comments: