Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Garage Sale Mania

Yesterday, Lauri and I worked on pricing items for our garage sale on Thursday. I love to go to garage sales to look for little treasures and I loathe having them, BUT, here we go again. Lauri wanted help pricing things and my theory is, "price it so that it will go". There isn't anything I am selling that is worth a bunch so if someone else can enjoy it or get some more wear out of it....all the better. I started snooping in my garage and found the "treasures" I came home from work with last spring that I just couldn't part with. We were instructed to take everything home with us when school dismissed last May because of construction in the building. I think that helped me decide that I just may not haul all my stuff back in. At any rate, I didn't go back and when I found the two boxes of stuff in the garage, I realized I haven't opened them in nearly a year so anything in there could GO. That wasn't all I found in the garage that I could part with....so what I thought would be two little boxes of things to contribute turns out to be a Durango full of stuff. I'm at the stage of life that says, "get rid of it". It was only last summer that I heard people my age say that very thing and I would think with guilt, "NO, I still want to accumulate". But accumulating has made me feel like suffocating so out it goes and where it stops nobody knows.

The gecko is still loose in G's & G's house. Lauri called Grandpa yesterday to see if he wanted her to come to try to find him. Grandpa's response was that he felt the wisest plan was to be patient. Gecko wasn't hurting anything so eventually he would appear again. Grandma Mary had put a little lid filled with water out for him. Grandpa said he didn't know if the lizard would find the water since there was not a sign to direct him to it. That was Grandpa's way of making fun of the whole effort. He thinks it is silly that the kids want the critter and at the same time enjoys it to the max. I think G & G gave second thoughts to having the kids come to catch the little thing and decided they would sooner be a bug on the wall, too. Our precious seven year old Ethan would be dangerous running after that thing.

Today is a banner day for me and for the rest of the family here in these parts. Our newest baby, Emerson, is coming to visit (She is three months old today) Actually, her mommy is coming and taking her with. We get pretty excited about these visits. We love having them come home. Kendra heard about the garage sale and decided she wanted to participate so home she comes. She said she also has a vehicle full of stuff. Ken has a meeting this morning so he will drop me off at the mall in Merrillville where I'll wait for Kendra and then we will shop for awhile. Perhaps I'll wear my tennies and get some walking in before she arrives.

No comments: