Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Grandbaby, A Grarage Sale and A Beautiful Spring Day

Ken dropped me off at the mall just after eight o'clock yesterday morning. Kendra would arrive sometime after ten. I know, it was a crazy way to do things but at least we saved the gas of driving myself and I got to ride along with Kendra while shopping and on the way home. To pass the time, I joined the other fifty mall walkers doing their rounds. Some of them looked much older than I feel and were going at a pretty fast clip. I was impressed. I walked around three times and called it an experience. Then I found a nice soft chair and occupied that leisure until Penneys opened their door at ten...it was worth the wait...I found two blouses, two sweaters, and a cute flip, short jacket......total money......$24.00. I can just hear some of you respond...oh, sure. But it was really a good deal. I paid ten for the jacket so for the other four tops it was fourteen bucks. Can't beat that with a stick. I didn't have time to try them on b/c Kendra called that she had arrived but when I got home I found with delight that everything fit well. That is called a good shopping day.

Today, we are putting a garage sale together. It's a special treat that the temperature outside is supposed to be about seventy. Can't get better than that. Now that I've got all the stuff dragg ed out .....I look forward to the fun.

Emerson has grown like a little weed. She is such a beautiful baby. I know that I'm her grandmother and am expected to say things like that but...she truly is. Those chubby little cheeks just beg for kisses. She smiles with ease now so one sees a little personality coming into being. Just tons of fun and something I wouldn't change for all the world. She slept well last night and when I peeked in the guest room this morning...there they were...my two little girls side by side. Isn't love grand?

No comments: