Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Again

Gloomy morning here in northwest Indiana. We had a bit of rain overnight but the cloud cover promises more. It is spring. All the bulb plants are poking their heads out of the ground about two to four inches. If we get any warm weather they will take off running. It is a great time of year.

For about twenty years, I have been accustomed to looking forward to Fridays. Friday after work and all evening was the best time of the week. Of course this was when I was a working woman. I still get a little tickle in my stomach when Friday rolls around. It must be the programing in me. Generally, it was the night we went out to eat. I recall feeling like lying my head on the table because the fatigue was so strong. Now every day is Friday and I love it. This Friday night we have our small group Bible study at our home. There will be about ten of us. Most gatherings, we have a small meal and then our study. Tonight, the boy's club from our church is having a burger bash so it was decided that everyone will attend the burger bash and then come here for dessert. One of the other ladies is bringing dessert so I have it made in the shade this time.

So, for all you working women out there....have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your family...enjoy your home...and enjoy your fellowship on Sunday when you gather with your church family.

No comments: