Thursday, April 3, 2008

Little Progress

At this point the STUFF still sets on the floor of the family room. Progress has been made but just like all the other projects in our history....it won't be ready to put back together today. It's always bigger and more complex, isn't it?

My daughter, Scarlen, came into the family room yesterday morning and said, "What is this???" I explained that we were cleaning out the closet. She glanced over the contents on the floor and said, "I wouldn't get rid of any of those games if I were you". WHAT? They were the only things I decided to part with. She explained that games are all technological these days and "kids aren't using their brains" for games anymore. The old games are much better and she had been thinking of buying up some old games. Coming from the mouth of a girl who has been after every new piece of technology that goes on the market, the words I heard were astonishing. Her son, Isaiah, has everything a kid could have in the tech world. Ooops, not an I-Pod yet but he is saving for it.

My plan was smashed. What to do? I complained to my husband this morning that there seems to be STUFF everywhere here. I compared the state of our house to a friend's home and he pointed out that they have two people in their home and we have five. They have much more space to store things than we. Not much comfort in all that and a reason for reminding myself that God says not to compare our lot with another's. Guess I got what I deserved there.

No comments: