Saturday, April 26, 2008

Roger Would Have Loved It

Where in the world did that slide show come from??? Kendra called and asked why there was a slide show on my blog that contained pictures of people we don 't know.....welllllllll.....I don't know either. I did get it off but was amused that the baby girl featured in the pictures was named Emerson.

If a funeral can be a celebration....that is what Roger's funeral was. A grand celebration of God's faithfulness to him, his family, and we the people of Community Church. After the service while some of us got prepared to serve the luncheon following the internment, the talk was memorial services. The overwhelming vote was to have the internment before the service and then have a memorial. The gal that has a gizillion china plates and wants everything just so...as in retreat day....gave me the word that we can use disposable plates for her funeral lunch. The discussion was one of a serious note but with a humorous flare. I don't think the Lord minded at all.

We, as a church family, lift Dollie, Roger's widow, to Him for mercy and comfort. Remind me, Lord, to remember her lonliness. In Jesus' name,

No comments: