Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bad News

Day of rest and that is exactly what I did........at least for the afternoon. I pulled myself out of my recliner long enough to walk about a mile. It would be so nice to enjoy exercise but I just hate it. The sun was nice and warm but the cool breeze put a strain on my ears........they ache a bit but I'll get over it.

This morning, the praise team of which I am part led in the worship service. We were at church by eight oclock for a ten thirty service. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....the average Joe in the pew has no idea how many hours go into planning and practice for one service. We practiced about three hours on Wednesday night as well. It doesn't just fall together.....it takes thought and prayer and, yes, effort, too. So, when you talk with someone that volunteers for a praise and worship team in your church, take a moment to thank them for their service.

Our beloved associate pastor announced today that he and his family will be leaving us to take up a position in California. There were many tears after the service as people approached them to support their decision and just give them a special hug. Bryan and Kathy have been such a blessing to us and to have them leave us so soon (2 years) is just kind of a kick in the back end. They truly feel God is leading them in the move and who are we to question. We will trust that the Lord has good planned for us as well as for them.

No comments: