Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pictures Don't Lie

Does there have to be a reason to be unreasonable?  Kendra forgot her newly purchased greenhouse plants when she left for home Sunday night.  I had planned to spend a couple days with her in the near future so...........my husband said, "This is your opportunity....take the plants and go have a good time."  So, go I did, on the spur of the moment and totally unplanned and impulsively.  Yesterday, we planted her pots with the plants I brought and today they are getting whipped with the wind.  Hopefully, they will "toughen up and dig their roots deep".  Just as with our little ones, the desire is to protect them from anything rough and difficult but we know that isn't the best for them in the long run...it makes for weak character and the inability to endure the storms of life.  As I watched out the window, I cringed as those little virgin plants joggled back and forth bowing to the power of the elements.   

This afternoon, we went to Penney's to take pictures of Emerson in her baptism dress.  While there the three of us had some shots taken as well.  Wow.....I didn't remember looking old....when did that happen?....then I remind myself of my age and think I must expect lines and wrinkles.  Kendra and Emerson looked good of course.  The black and white shots were much less kind than color so I opted for those.

  



No comments: