Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pokey Progress

I've asked my husband to dig a spot to plant the tomatoes I've had in pots for two weeks and it just doesn't get done. His response today was, doesn't Elton (son in law) have a roto tiller. I looked at him and said, "Do you really think you need a roto tiller to make a space for seven tomato plants?" Just a thought was his reply. Well, neither Elton or Ken has a pickup or some vehicle to carry a big roto tiller so I see it as a much bigger job to drag that thing over here and get it back. Just dig for pity sake. So this afternoon as Lauri was leaving, I put on my gloves and grabbed a shovel. I've made space for two plants and then remembered I had to get a pork roast in the oven for dinner. Kendra called today and asked where the blog was. So here I am, donned in garden clothing and writing my little speel for the day. But, my roast is in the oven and dinner is on its way.

Today, seven year old grandson, Ethan, participated in a little play in his first grade at DeMotte Christian School. Lauri and I went to see them and it was four and a half minutes of pure delight to watch those little kids. After the play we hung around town and went back for lunch with Ethan...he had been student of the week and one of the perks is to have your family for lunch with the class. All three of his big sisters and his mom and grandma joined him. The teacher asked him to introduce his guests and he had no problem with confidence as he introduced each sister, told what grade they were in and how old they were. I asked him not to tell how old Grandma was. He chuckled.

It seems that gas prices have no ceiling for the moment. I'm a bit apprehensive as to what those prices are going to do to summer vacations and travel. I'm not only concerned that families will not be able to vacation but I think of all those that depend on vacations and holidays to make a living off of us who do travel. We are going to take it easy. No big mile trips. Isaiah and I discussed the blessing we had last summer going out west to all the national parks and enjoying the intense beauty of that region. I'm so glad we did it then because we surely could not justify the cost now. Lauri mentioned they will probably spend a week or so at a lake two hours south of here. She told her dad its time to get the trailer finished so we can go with them. I'm not sure. Between his partime job and his golfing and his building committee involvement at church....there isn't much time for Peggy Sue. We spent more time discussing Peggy's decor today. I think a plan is coming together. I'm getting eager to be able to spend time with her and feel as if she is mine....my floor...my appliances.....my cushions, etc. Patience, Gayle, patience.








No comments: