Friday, May 23, 2008

One Challenge Down, One to Go

Young people are always "with it" when it comes to new fangled technology....at least most of them are. Two Christmases ago, Jay and Tasha sent us a DVD player. At the time, we had no DVDs (still in the VHS mode) and kind of chuckled as to what we were going to do with this generous gift. Finally, last night, Isaiah dug it out from under the guest room bed and installed it in our family room. WE USED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME! It was fun and we enjoyed a DVD celebrating the beauty of America. The machine doesn't seem nearly so intimidating as it did when we received it....I guess one could say that we have caught up in that area. It just takes awhile to get acclimated to new technology....it has to sink in for awhile before I can grasp the concept.

New challenge......
This morning, son Josh came with a four men crew from Noblesville to finish the job they started last fall of painting our house. He had every intention to finish it but the weather turned on us and finishing it had to wait until spring. All week the forcast was sunny for Friday and Saturday. Of course, now that he has a whole crew here...it is overcast and dribbly. Dear Lord, turn off the spigot and bring out the warm sun.
The challenge...what then is the challenge???? Josh came with a large gift bag and expressed belated wishes for Mother's Day. When I looked in the bag, what was inside was foreign to me. I asked, "What is this, Josh?". Oh, it is a vacuum robot. I laughed with delight. Another piece of technology of which I will have to read directions and figure it all out. Our kids are so good to us.........giving us all these things that keep us on our toes with all that is new in the world. Just makes me giggle inside. I get such a kick out of our kids........I will not let this lay under the bed for two years. I will get out the book, find my glasses (half the battle, I only have about eight pair lying around the house) and sit in my recliner to learn. What a hoot!

No comments: